Wednesday, February 10, 2021

What if

 What if we were to ask why me?  But, not as a victim.  Often when I hear the why me question it is really someone asking why are they a victim.  I believe you can be a victim or you can be powerful.  It is up to you to choose which.  Personally, I like to reframe a story so that I come out a winner.  I like to mine that story for all the good, all the lessons I am meant to learn.  I genuinely believe every story has a silver lining.  It may take a lot of looking to find it.  If you are asking why me then you must have experienced some trauma.  Whatever form of trauma it was there is a way to heal from it.  Both our minds and our bodies were designed to heal.  There are many therapies we can use to heal our minds.  My favourite is art-making.  It is scientifically proven that we form new neuropathways in our brain while engaging in art centred around healing.  What a gift!

No comments: